Here are the reasons why:
- He is an excellent player and I think he will provide excellent competition for Torres and our right wing position.
- He is only 23, so even if he leaves in 5 years, he will be 28 and we are likely to make a profit (FFP purposes: Important).
- This will weaken Arsenal and prevent Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool signing him.
- It is good to have English players in team for quota purposes and since Studge, Lamps, Cole and Terry will likely leave in the near future.
- He will only cost 15m pounds
What does everyone else think?
Will Theo Walcott be a good signing for Chelsea?
Yes (100 votes)
No (103 votes)
203 total votes