Falcao to Chelsea.
Falcao flirts with Chelsea.
Falcao talks up Chelsea move.
Chelsea show admiration in Falcao.
Falcao might be the most clinical striker in the world but I don't think he will work for Chelsea...
Absurd? Here are my reasons...
- Chelsea play a specific system that requires a slow and patient build up play. Poachers don't like this type of play. Poachers rely on quick, decisive passing and anticipate where the final pass is going to be.
- Chelsea's system has never suited a poacher...I don't think it will. It's just the way we play. History and present now tells. E.g. Andrei and Fernando...
- Falcao is the epitome of a poaching striker...I'm sure we can all agree with this...
- What type of striker does Chelsea need? A target man...
- Look at how successful Drogba was at Chelsea...Drogba a true target man.
A striker who is the target of passes from his teammates. A good target man will possess the strength to hold up the ball, hold off opponents and bring teammates into play. Target men are often tall, physical players who operate with their back to goal.
- Chelsea need someone like this..Who should Chelsea target?
- Robert Lewandowski
- Recall Lukaku
- Wilfred Bony
- Or..Lacina Traore
*Lukaku could use some fine tuning..But he's 19...
All of these are possible, affordable, January transfers...Who would suit Chelsea's play over Falcao.
Opinions? Post below..
Oh..and a simple Poll after the jump.. * * * * JUMP!
Who would you rather purchase instead of Falcao?
Robert Lewandowski (59 votes)
Rocall Lukaku (51 votes)
Lacina Traore (5 votes)
Wilfred Bony (23 votes)
Didier Drogba...Lulz (I miss him =[) (17 votes)
155 total votes