Remember the good old days of boring, boring Chelsea? That was a lot more fun to watch when Chelsea was winning.
Rafa-ball is fun, isn't it? That's now two games in charge, and no wins or goals to show for it. We probably should have lost both games if our opponents could finish. Beyond that, Chelsea may have become the least watchable team in the Premier League. Well done with that hiring guys, well done.
Here's a few thoughts in the immediate aftermath of this one:
- I was not against Ryan Bertrand playing today against a Fulham side that sat second in the league in scoring, but Fernando Torres being played at the expense of a fifth defender may have been a little too defensive for this one.
- David Luiz will miss the next match due to yellow card accumulation. Chelsea have not kept a clean sheet this season in a game that Luiz did not start. Scoring against West Ham would sure seem like a good idea.
- Rafa was hired to fix the defense, but he appears to have broken the attack in the process. Is it too early to start looking at new managers to fix it?
- That's two games in a row where we had offensive minded players on the bench and an unused substitution late in the game. Just saying...
- Everyone waiting for the debut of Marko Marin in the Premier League can relax now.
- Romelu Lukaku scored again today. That's now a pair of goals and an assist since the last time we found the back of the net. Oh, and he's played under half the minutes. Recall?