Richard Heathcote - Getty Images
As usual, Chelsea have loads of players who have been called up by their national teams. Here's a rundown of which Chelsea players are in action.
It's an international break, and that means Chelsea players will be involved in all sorts of games. Below you'll find a guide letting you know what Chelsea players will be in action on what days, so that you can follow alond as you please.
Just to point out, there may yet be Chelsea youngsters added to the list as more of the youth level squads are announced. I'll update the list as I find more, so don't be afraid to scan it from time to time. The only U17 team that I've done much with was the England squad, as most of those games aren't for a few weeks yet and most FA's haven't yet updated their websites.
Enough notes though, here's the Chelsea internationals for this break:
- October 12, 2012 vs. San Marino
- October 16, 2012 @ Poland
No John Terry anymore, and Daniel Sturridge still isn't fit enough for selection. Chelsea still have four players involved for the English quad though, and they can stay even at the top of the group ( or move ahead) with a pair of wins.
Czech Republic - Petr Cech
- October 12, 2012 vs. Malta
- October 16, 2012 vs. Bulgaria
Cech will only play internationally in World Cup qualifiers, and both games over the break are qualifiers. Expect 180 minutes and hopefull a pair of clean sheets.
- October 12, 2012 @ Serbia
- October 16, 2012 vs. Scotland
Belgium will be without Romelu Lukaku for this pair of World Cup qualifiers as he attempts to recover from an ankle injury.
Serbia - Branislav Ivanovic
- October 12, 2012 vs. Belgium
- October 16, 2012 @ Macedonia
Serbia are grouped with Belgium, and both of these games are World Cup qualifiers.
Spain - Fernando Torres
- October 12, 2012 @ Belarus
- October 16, 2012 vs France
Spain "didn't need" Juan Mata for this pair of World Cup qualifies, so they'll only have Fernando Torres as potential Chelsea involvement over the break. It will be interesting to see if he is selected to play, but I won't be heartbroken if they don't do so. Just stay healthy Fernando, please?
Brazil - David Luiz, Ramires, Oscar
- October 11, 2012 vs. Iraq (in Sweden)
- October 16, 2012 @ Japan (in Poland)
These games are just friendlies, as Brazil do not have to qualify for the 2014 World Cup as hosts. I'd expect all three Chelsea players to be involved, although I'd be surprised if any of them plays a full 90 minute game.
- October 13, 2012 vs. Liberia
This is a huge game for Nigeria, as the teams drew in Liberia for the first leg of their ACoN qualifier. As a fan, I'd really hate to see Nigeria miss that tournament, but it would certainly be nice not to lose any players to ACoN this year for a change.
Spain U21 - Oriol Romeu
- October 11, 2012 vs. Denmark
- October 16, 2012 @ Denmark
This is a UEFA U21 qualifier, so it's big for Spain
England U21 - Josh McEachran
- October 12, 2012 vs. Serbia
- October 16, 2012 @ Serbia
Like Spain, these games are to gain admission to this summer's tournament
Czech U21 - Tomas Kalas
- October 12, 2012 vs. Russia
- October 16, 2012 @ Russia
I can't find confirmation yet that Kalas has been called into the squad, but he's been a regular and would seem logical to be involved for this important pair of games.
Belgium U21 - Thorgan Hazard, Lamisha Musonda
- October 12, 2012 @ Greece
- October 14, 2012 @ Israel
Netherlands U19 - Nathan Ake
- October 9, 2012 vs. Malta
- October 11, 2012 @ San Marino
- October 14, 2012 vs. Poland
Scotland U19 - Alex Davey, Islam Feruz
- October 9, 2012 vs. Armenia
- October 11, 2012 vs. Romania
- October 14, 2012 @ Switzerlan
Belgium U19 - Tika Musonda
- October 12, 2012 vs. Belarus
- October 14, 2012 vs. Albania
- October 17, 2012 @ Italy
Wales U19 - Chike Kandi
- October 10, 2012 vs. Sweden
- October 12, 2012 vs. Slovenia
- October 15, 2012 @ Russia
England U17 - Ola Aina, Alex Kiwomya, Charlie Colkett, Ruben Loftus-Cheek
- October 21, 2012 vs. Estonia
- October 23, 2012 vs. Wales
- October 26, 2012 @ Northern Ireland