Shaun Botterill - Getty Images
Chelsea went to Denmark and came away 4-0 winners. The victory sees the reigning champions move atop Group E for the time being.
Chelsea went to Denmark and came away with three big points.There were frustrating moments to go along with a few scares, but at the end of the day we see Chelsea sitting atop Group E after a comfortable victory. Here are my initial thoughts at the conclusion of the game, as well as the community rating form for the game:
- It certainly wasn't the prettiest game, but the result for Chelsea is a good one.
- Jores Okore is a pretty good player. Chelsea probably could have had quite a bit more if it wasn't for some solid work by the center back.
- If we didn't need to rely on Fernando Torres for goals, he'd be a lot more useful than he's been.
- How the referee decided not to play the advantage when Ramires was fouled on the edge of the box in the 75th minute I just don't know. Chelsea probably would have been up 2-0 at the time had the referee allowed play to go on as he should have. Oh well, we found the second a few minutes later.
- I love David Luiz. The partnership between he and Gary Cahill always seems to impress me.
- There were some really nice moments of movement throughout the game. I'm extremely excited to see what this team will look like come April after a full season of playing together.
- The draw between Shakhtar and Juventus is another good result for Chelsea. A pair of good results against Shakhtar should be enough to see them through now.